CGCC and Moody’s ESG Solutions’ cordially invite you to attend Harmonization, Integration, and Innovation: Three Trends Shaping the Future of Environmental, Social, and Governance Investing on Tuesday, June 15th.
Date/Time: Tuesday, June 15th, 11:00am – 12:00pm ET
CLICK HERE to RSVP
About the Event:
Join us for a live, interactive discussion where Moody’s ESG Solutions’ experts will discuss how standardized data, new modelling and risk management techniques, and innovative sustainable financial solutions will help build the systemic organizational resilience needed to transition to a low-carbon, sustainable future.
- The ESG data challenge and shift towards harmonized standards
- Climate risk and resilience – implications for risk management
- Innovation in ESG and sustainable finance products
About Moody’s ESG Solutions
Moody’s ESG Solutions Group is a business unit of Moody’s Corporation serving the growing global demand for ESG and climate insights. The group leverages Moody’s data and expertise across ESG, climate risk, and sustainable finance, and aligns with Moody’s Investors Service (MIS) and Moody’s Analytics (MA) to deliver a comprehensive, integrated suite of ESG and climate risk solutions including ESG scores, analytics, Sustainability Ratings and Sustainable Finance Reviewer/certifier services.
For more information visit Moody’s ESG & Climate Risk hub at www.moodys.com/esg .
The following event invitation is courtesy of Morgan Lewis.
Morgan Lewis invites CGCC members to attend “Simplifying CFIUS: Strategic Issues and Best Practices” on Wednesday, June 23rd.
Date/Time: Wednesday, June 23rd
RSVP to attend Session I or Session II below
8:00 AM–9:30 AM ET
1:00 PM–2:30 PM GMT
Register for Session 1 >>
8:30 AM–10:00 AM PT
11:30 AM–1:00 PM ET
Register for Session 2 >>
About the Event
Please join Morgan Lewis partner Giovanna M. Cinelli, leader of our international trade and national security practice, and Michael Barba, leader of BDO’s national security compliance practice, for a webinar on strategic issues related to the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) filing process. Our panelists will discuss multijurisdictional foreign direct investment (FDI) reviews, the impact of CFIUS’s approach to foreign investment analyses, the expansion of CFIUS and multijurisdictional reviews, the need for mitigation agreements, and best practices for managing mitigation agreements.
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- CFIUS filing and what it takes
- FIRMMA and FDI hurdles
- Third-party audits and monitorship
- Transactions with mitigation agreements
- Engaging with the government
CLE credit: CLE credit in CA, FL, IL, NJ (via reciprocity), NY, PA, TX, and VA is currently pending approval.
CGCC cordially invites members and friends to attend the CGCC 2021 Annual Business Survey Report Launch on Thursday, June 24th, 2021.
Date/Time: Thursday, June 24th, 2:30 – 3:30 pm ET
CLICK HERE to RSVP
About the Event
Since 2014, the Annual Business Survey on Chinese Enterprises in the U.S. has been one of the flagship projects of China General Chamber of Commerce – USA (CGCC) and CGCC Foundation. Marking the official release of the publication, each year the launch event invites distinguished speakers from the U.S. and Chinese business communities to unpack and discuss the results of the survey report.
CGCC cordially invites you to attend The Economist’s 2021 Global Trade Virtual Week, from June 28th-July 2nd.
Registration is free for CGCC members and friends. Kindly find more information about the event below.
Date/Time: June 28th – July 2nd
CLICK HERE to RSVP
Bridging the gap between high-level geopolitical debate, digital innovation and the day-to-day realities of managing supply chains and logistics, Global Trade Virtual Week will offer a unique opportunity to advance global trade dialogue and trust between key stakeholders.
Join 90+ trade experts and 4000+ global participants for a week of thought-provoking conversation through case studies, interviews and panel discussions.
Together we will ask:
- As liberalism falls out of favour in the West, can the current rules-based order survive the next century?
- What have we learned about supply chain resilience?
- Is Blockchain the fool’s gold or a panacea for paperless cross-border trade?
- Will EU carbon border taxes be a protectionist weapon in a green disguise?
- If data is the new oil, should it be valued as a commodity?
- How is global trade driving post-pandemic economic recovery and what is the exit strategy for easing Covid-19 export restrictions?
- Hildegarde Naughton TD, Minister of state for transport, Government of Ireland
- Ranil Jayawardena, Minister for international trade, UK Parliament
- Anabel González, Deputy director-general, World Trade Organisation
- Kai-Fu Lee, Chairman and chief executive officer, Sinovation Ventures
- Angela Qu, Chief procurement officer, Lufthansa Group
- Reinhard Bütikofer, Chair of the European Parliament delegation for relations with China
- Astrid Fontaine, Member of the board of management, people, digitalization and IT, Bentley Motors
- Randhir Thakur, Chief supply chain officer, Intel Corporation and president, Intel Foundry Services
- Amanda Lacaze, Managing director and chief executive officer, Lynas
- The Rt Hon Dr Liam Fox, Member of parliament for North Somerset, International trade secretary (2016-19), UK Parliament
- Kamissa Camara, Senior visiting expert for the Sahel and former foreign Minister of Mali, United States Institute of Peace
- Siddharth Chatterjee, United Nations resident coordinator in China
- Bogolo Kenewendo, Managing director, Kenewendo Advisory and former Minister of Investment, Trade and Industry of Botswana
- Mike Corbo, Chief supply chain officer, Colgate Palmolive
- Quentin Roach, Chief procurement officer, Mondelēz International
- Sarah Thorn, Senior director, global government affairs, Walmart
- Luz María de la Mora, Viceminister for foreign trade, Ministry of Economy, Government of Mexico
- Roland Cloutier, Chief security officer, TikTok
- Stephanie Honey, Trade policy consultant and former trade negotiator for the New Zealand Government
- Roberto Azevêdo, Chief corporate affairs officer, PepsiCo
- And many more
Register for free: https://bit.ly/3vbW5TA