Bank of China USA
HSBC Bank USA, N.A.
Starr Insurance Companies
This exciting contest warmly welcomes photographers of ALL levels to submit photographs reflecting, illustrating and/or representing the collaboration between Chinese businesses in the U.S. and their American partners and local communities. Please show us your creativity by choosing one or more of the following categories that highlight the success and impact of Chinese investment and cooperation in the U.S.:
Up to $25,000
Whether an individual entry or a company entry, a total of 5 photographs with the most votes will be deemed the photo contest winners.
- For Company Entries: [Up to $25,000 in value]: Win the opportunity to be the title sponsor of CGCC Today’s Headlines for one month in the upcoming year. (Today’s Headlines is CGCC’s daily bilingual newsletter that attracts 10,000+ readers.)
- For Individual Entries: [Up to $20,000 in value]: Win 2 tickets to the 2020 CGCC Annual Gala with 2 domestic round-trip Delta flight vouchers and two-night stay in a double-occupancy hotel room in Midtown Manhattan .
*Winners will be notified via email on November 21, 2019
Use our hashtag!
Share your submissions using #CGCCPhotoContest19 on WeChat, Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to encourage more people to vote for your photograph!
Stay Updated with CGCC News
- The submission deadline is Thursday October 31, 2019, at 12:00 pm EST.
- By entering this contest, each participant acknowledges that he/she is at least 18 years old and is the sole copyright owner of the submitted photographs.
- Complete the provided entry form.
- In order to display your submissions in our online gallery without distorting your image, please ensure that your photograph is at least 1,600 pixels wide (horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (vertical image), no larger than 20 MB and submitted in png, jpeg or jpg formats.
- Photoshopped photos for this contest will not be accepted. Only minor burning, cropping, dodging and/or color correction are acceptable. High dynamic range images (HDR) and stitched panoramas are acceptable. Any changes to the original photograph not itemized here or stated in the official rules are unacceptable.
- Along with your photograph, please write a sentimental and/or inspirational short story (up to 300 words) describing the scenario in the photograph. Your first sentence should follow this format: your full name, the title of your photograph and the category/categories you have chosen.
*You may submit up to 6 photographs and use the same short story for each (if applicable). To enter multiple photographs, you must submit them individually.
- Public voting will open on November 1, 2019, at 12:00 pm EST and close on November 20, 2019, at 12:00 pm EST.
- Return to the entry form and find the underlined phrase “vote.”
- Click on that phrase and you will be redirected to the contest’s submission gallery.
- Choose your favorite photograph(s), click on it and tap on the vote button.
- Please fill out your full name and email to vote for your favorite photograph. Just a friendly reminder, all votes will be anonymous.
- Each email address can vote once every 24 hours.
- The 5 photographs with the most votes win the contest.