- Federal pension fund to include China investments, bucking political pressure - Reuters | 2019-11-14
NEW YORK (Reuters) - A pension fund for federal workers on Wednesday said it will begin tracking a benchmark that includes China-listed companies, despite strong opposition from a bipartisan group of Senators.
- U.S.-China trade hopes boost stocks; dollar weak - Reuters | 2019-10-29
NEW YORK (Reuters) - An index of global stock markets rallied to a 21-month high on Monday, boosted by growing hopes for a U.S.-China trade deal and the view that the U.S. Federal Reserve this week will deliver its third interest rate cut for 2019.
- CBRE’s Darcy Stacom on the Chrysler Building Sale, Trophy Assets and Off-Market Sales | 2019-10-10
The $100 billion dollar woman: From the Chrysler Building to Chelsea Market, Darcy Stacom breaks down the market in New York City — and beyond.
- Wall Street falls amid caution on U.S.-China trade dispute - Reuters | 2019-10-08
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. stocks eased on Monday as reports on the U.S.-China trade front kept investors cautious ahead of scheduled talks later in the week.
- Dollar skids after weak U.S. services data - Reuters | 2019-10-04
NEW YORK (Reuters) - The dollar fell to a four-week low against the yen and a one-week trough versus the euro on Thursday, as investors fretted that weakness in both the U.S. manufacturing and service sectors signals a slowdown in the world’s largest economy.Expectations that the United States would continue to outperform other major economies and put pressure on the Federal Reserve to slow its interest rate cutting cycle were dampened this week after weak manufacturing and service sector surveys.
- Uber makes JFK airport helicopter taxis available to all users - Reuters | 2019-10-03
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Ride-hailing company Uber Technologies Inc (UBER.N) is taking to the air in New York City where users with a little cash to spare will soon be able to book helicopter flights to John F. Kennedy International airport through their apps.
- Exclusive: Comcast emerges as new Google antitrust foe - sources - Reuters | 2019-10-01
SAN FRANCISCO/NEW YORK (Reuters) - Comcast Corp (CMCSA.O), one of America’s largest media and communications companies, is wading into the epic regulatory pile-on against big tech companies such as Google, according to people familiar with the matter.
- Wall Street rallies after China trade comments - Reuters | 2019-08-30
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rallied more than 1% on Thursday, buoyed by gains in the trade-sensitive technology and industrial sectors as China expressed hope on trade negotiations with the United States, easing concerns that rising tensions could stoke a recession.
- Possible dissent hangs over Fed's first rate cut in a decade - Reuters | 2019-07-30
WASHINGTON/NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. Federal Reserve policymakers will not surprise markets if they deliver on expectations and cut U.S. interest rates for the first time in a decade on Wednesday.
- Oil edges up on prospect of U.S. interest rate cut - Reuters | 2019-07-30
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Oil prices rose on Monday as the prospect of an expected interest rate cut by the U.S. Federal Reserve overshadowed pessimism over U.S.-China trade talks and worries about slower global economic growth.
- Foreign Buying of U.S. Homes Suffers Record Drop - WSJ | 2019-07-18
Foreign purchases of U.S. homes have dropped by half over the last two years, a fresh blow to the top end of the market in New York City, Miami and cities in California.
- China data steadies stocks as U.S. earnings get underway - Reuters | 2019-07-16
NEW YORK (Reuters) - A gauge of global stocks rose modestly on Monday after economic data from China came in as expected, but equities on Wall Street slipped on weakness in financials in the wake of Citigroup’s earnings report.
- Wall Street finds blockchain hard to tame after early euphoria - Reuters | 2019-07-16
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Two years ago Nasdaq Inc (NDAQ.O) and Citigroup Inc (C.N) announced a new blockchain system they said would make payments of private securities transactions more efficient. Nasdaq Chief Executive Adena Friedman called it “a milestone in the global financial sector.”
- Where to Invest When the Fed Cuts Rates | 2019-07-08
Stocks from New York to Brazil are racing to new highs. A key reason? Many believe the Federal Reserve is pivoting from raising interest rates to lowering them once again. Investors say that by lowering the cost of borrowing for consumers and businesses, rate cuts will spur spending and potentially prolong the longest bull market in history.
- Commentary: Robust financial market rests on healthy China-U.S. trade ties - Xinhua | English.news.cn | 2019-07-03
NEW YORK, July 2 (Xinhua) -- Global financial markets cheered on the first trading day after Beijing and Washington agreed to bring their trade talks back on track on the sidelines of the Group of 20 (G20) summit in the Japanese city of Osaka.
- Bah humbug! Trump's plan for more China tariffs to hit festive shoppers - Reuters | 2019-06-18
WASHINGTON/NEW YORK (Reuters) - This year’s holiday season could be tighter for many Americans if the U.S. government imposes tariffs on another $300 billion worth of Chinese imports - because that will include tech products, game consoles, toys, cribs, ornaments and Santa hats.
- Uber, Lyft Drivers Face Stiffer Regulations in New York City - WSJ | 2019-06-13
New York City intends to renew its cap on new for-hire vehicle licenses, part of a push to tighten its rein on companies like Uber Technologies Inc. and Lyft Inc., and help protect the city’s troubled taxi industry.
- I.M. Pei, Architect Who Reconceived Skylines and Created Icons, Dies at 102 - WSJ | 2019-05-17
I.M. Pei, an architect whose graceful grids of glass and metal redrew skylines around the world, died in New York City. He was 102 years old.
- Interview: Internationalization of RMB a boost to emerging Asia forex trading, expert says - Xinhua | English.news.cn | 2019-05-06
NEW YORK, May 5 (Xinhua) -- Internationalization of the Chinese currency has significantly boosted the trading volume of currencies of emerging Asian markets (EM Asia) globally, a senior emerging market forex trader has said.
- Chinese Firm Acquires Majority Stake in Jason Wu | 2019-05-03
The New York-based womenswear brand is changing hands in a deal that could boost its business in the fast-growing luxury market.