- Possible dissent hangs over Fed's first rate cut in a decade - Reuters | 2019-07-30
WASHINGTON/NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. Federal Reserve policymakers will not surprise markets if they deliver on expectations and cut U.S. interest rates for the first time in a decade on Wednesday.
- Oil edges up on prospect of U.S. interest rate cut - Reuters | 2019-07-30
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Oil prices rose on Monday as the prospect of an expected interest rate cut by the U.S. Federal Reserve overshadowed pessimism over U.S.-China trade talks and worries about slower global economic growth.
- Foreign Buying of U.S. Homes Suffers Record Drop - WSJ | 2019-07-18
Foreign purchases of U.S. homes have dropped by half over the last two years, a fresh blow to the top end of the market in New York City, Miami and cities in California.
- China data steadies stocks as U.S. earnings get underway - Reuters | 2019-07-16
NEW YORK (Reuters) - A gauge of global stocks rose modestly on Monday after economic data from China came in as expected, but equities on Wall Street slipped on weakness in financials in the wake of Citigroup’s earnings report.
- Wall Street finds blockchain hard to tame after early euphoria - Reuters | 2019-07-16
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Two years ago Nasdaq Inc (NDAQ.O) and Citigroup Inc (C.N) announced a new blockchain system they said would make payments of private securities transactions more efficient. Nasdaq Chief Executive Adena Friedman called it “a milestone in the global financial sector.”
- Where to Invest When the Fed Cuts Rates | 2019-07-08
Stocks from New York to Brazil are racing to new highs. A key reason? Many believe the Federal Reserve is pivoting from raising interest rates to lowering them once again. Investors say that by lowering the cost of borrowing for consumers and businesses, rate cuts will spur spending and potentially prolong the longest bull market in history.
- Commentary: Robust financial market rests on healthy China-U.S. trade ties - Xinhua | English.news.cn | 2019-07-03
NEW YORK, July 2 (Xinhua) -- Global financial markets cheered on the first trading day after Beijing and Washington agreed to bring their trade talks back on track on the sidelines of the Group of 20 (G20) summit in the Japanese city of Osaka.
- Bah humbug! Trump's plan for more China tariffs to hit festive shoppers - Reuters | 2019-06-18
WASHINGTON/NEW YORK (Reuters) - This year’s holiday season could be tighter for many Americans if the U.S. government imposes tariffs on another $300 billion worth of Chinese imports - because that will include tech products, game consoles, toys, cribs, ornaments and Santa hats.
- Uber, Lyft Drivers Face Stiffer Regulations in New York City - WSJ | 2019-06-13
New York City intends to renew its cap on new for-hire vehicle licenses, part of a push to tighten its rein on companies like Uber Technologies Inc. and Lyft Inc., and help protect the city’s troubled taxi industry.
- I.M. Pei, Architect Who Reconceived Skylines and Created Icons, Dies at 102 - WSJ | 2019-05-17
I.M. Pei, an architect whose graceful grids of glass and metal redrew skylines around the world, died in New York City. He was 102 years old.
- Interview: Internationalization of RMB a boost to emerging Asia forex trading, expert says - Xinhua | English.news.cn | 2019-05-06
NEW YORK, May 5 (Xinhua) -- Internationalization of the Chinese currency has significantly boosted the trading volume of currencies of emerging Asian markets (EM Asia) globally, a senior emerging market forex trader has said.
- Chinese Firm Acquires Majority Stake in Jason Wu | 2019-05-03
The New York-based womenswear brand is changing hands in a deal that could boost its business in the fast-growing luxury market.
- Feature: Chinese investors wade into U.S. Heartland, for Asian carp and more - Xinhua | English.news.cn | 2019-04-29
NEW YORK, April 28 (Xinhua) -- Taking on the Asian carp ravaging the Mississippi River that cuts through the U.S. Heartland, Chinese investors have set up a fish processing industrial park in Kentucky, and more investment may be spawned in other surrounding states.
- CGCC & BOC Bring Together Over 90 Top Human Resources Professionals at Forum - China General Chamber of Commerce - U.S.A. | 2019-04-26
On April 24th, China General Chamber of Commerce – USA (CGCC) and CGCC member company Bank of China USA co-hosted the Asian HR Forum at the Bank of China in New York. Led by top professionals from CGCC member company Littler Mendelson, Ameriprise Financial, Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP (BAL), and Mercer, the forum provided attendees with access to updates on local employment laws, advanced HR information and networking opportunities. Over 90 Human Resources (HR) professionals, local attorneys, and Asian industry leaders from leading Chinese and American companies came together for the event.
- As Uber Nears Debut, New York Stock Exchange Plans IPO Test - WSJ | 2019-04-23
The New York Stock Exchange said it would give trading firms an opportunity to test systems used in initial public offerings as it gears up for the blockbuster debut of Uber Technologies Inc. as soon as next month.
- China eyes U.S. poultry, pork imports in trade talks: sources - Reuters | 2019-04-17
NEW YORK/CHICAGO (Reuters) - China would likely lift a ban on U.S. poultry as part of a trade deal and may buy more pork to meet a growing supply deficit, but it is not willing to allow a prohibited growth drug used in roughly half the U.S. hog herd, two sources with knowledge of the negotiations said.
- U.S. economy 'healthy' from a monetary policy perspective -Fed's Williams - Reuters | 2019-04-12
NEW YORK, April 11 (Reuters) - The U.S. economy is in a healthy place “from a pure monetary policy perspective,” but there is more work policymakers can do to make sure growth is widely shared, a top Federal Reserve official said on Thursday.
- Interview: Grass-roots communication, long-term commitment crucial for foreign firms in U.S., expert says - Xinhua | English.news.cn | 2019-04-03
NEW YORK, April 2 (Xinhua) -- Grass-roots communication and long-term commitment are crucial factors for foreign companies to achieve success and sustainability in the United States, an expert in financial services has said.
- Interview: China's foreign investment law to be gladly welcomed -- U.S. expert - Xinhua | English.news.cn | 2019-03-18
NEW YORK, March 17 (Xinhua) -- China's newly passed foreign investment law will help level the playing field and be gladly welcomed by foreign investors, said a senior U.S. expert.
- Michael Bloomberg rules out White House run | 2019-03-06
Former New York City mayor cites crowded Democratic field of contenders for decision