Founded in 2005, the China General Chamber of Commerce-USA (“CGCC”) has been recognized as the largest and most influential non-profit organization representing Chinese enterprises in the U.S.. Its membership consists of more than 1000 Chinese and U.S. companies, 20 of which are ranked on the 2018 Fortune Global 500. CGCC's mission is to create value, generate economic growth and enhance cooperation between U.S. and Chinese business communities. As of 2018, CGCC Chinese member companies have cumulatively invested over $10 billion and directly employed more than 200,000 people and indirectly employed over 500000 people throughout the United States.
CGCC is a national organization and includes CGCC-New York (CGCCUSA-HQ), CGCC-Chicago, CGCC-Houston, CGCC-Los Angeles, CGCC-San Francisco and CGCC-Washington D.C.
Established in 2014, CGCC Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. The mission of CGCC Foundation is to deepen mutual understanding and cooperation between the United States and China through research, public charity and engagement in economic, cultural and social exchanges.
Frequently Asked Questions
What benefits and services do you get as a CGCC member?
- Opportunities to attend CGCC Events
- Events of the Year Annual Gala (fundraising event), SelectUSA Reception
- Forums Finance, Investment, Infrastructure, Technology, etc.
- Special Event Series MasterMind Series, Legal and Policy Series, Lunch & Learn Series, and China-US Culture and Business Etiquette Series
- Social and Networking Sporting Events, Cultural Events, and Local Gatherings
- Information Sharing
- CGCC Week In Review Today's Headlines
- Annual Report The CGCC Annual Report is published every spring and reviews CGCC and its member companies’ progress and expansion over the past year. The report is distributed to all CGCC members, related departments of Chinese and US governments and CGCC partners.
- CGCC China-US Investment and Cooperation Database The database is the first investment information database serving Chinese companies and their partners in the US. It provides subscribers with basic company information, products and services, key people introduction and business contacts. The database is also open to members to generate their own contents, providing members with a unique branding and communication platform.
- Information Hub for Chinese FDI in the US CGCC Annual Business Survey Report provides analysis on Chinese companies’ performance in the US and their evaluation on the US investment environment. CGCC FDI Tracker and US 50 States Investment Data showcases Chinese greenfield projects and M&A deals in the US.
- Company Marketing
- Host Your Own Event (Click here to download event proposal) Member companies have opportunities to use the CGCC network to initiate, organize and promote their own events and services to all CGCC members. Please download and fill out the event proposal and send back to us at email@example.com.
- Sponsor a CGCC Event Please contact CGCC directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in more information.
- Cross-Channel MarketingMembers can publish news and promotion materials in the CGCC China-US Investment and Cooperation Database for public search. CGCC provides website, Monthly Newsletter, and WeChat platform to broadcast member news.
- Media Coverage CGCC offers members the opportunity to connect with major Chinese and English media outlets to enhance the branding and marketing of their companies. In partnership with China News Service, “CGCC Insights” program broadcasts interviews with CGCC members on hot issues in the news.
What kind of companies/organizations join CGCC?
CGCC has two types of membership, and they are all company-based. We do NOT accept individual members.
- General Membership: Any Chinese enterprise with a US presence or planning to establish a US business presence may become a General Member of CGCC.
- Associate Membership: Any US enterprise or organization that has already established or is planning to establish business relationships in China or with Chinese enterprises may apply for CGCC associate membership.
Currently, CGCC does not accept individual members.
What are the membership dues?
- General Members with fewer than 20 employees $1,000/year
- General Members with 20 or more employees $2,000/year
- Associate Members with fewer than 100 employees $2,500/year
- Associate Members with 100 or more employees $5,000/year
* Membership dues are subject to change annually.
How to apply and what is the application process?
- Step 1: Download the application form, complete it, and email it to email@example.com with the subject “Membership Application”.
- Step 2: The CGCC board of directors will review all applications at quarterly board meetings. Applicants will be notified in writing of the board decision.
Does CGCC have regional chapters? Where are they located? How to participant in regional events?
Yes. CGCC has six regional chapters around the United States. Each chapter provides services to its own region. Please see https://www.cgccusa.org/en/regionals/ for more information.
CGCC members can participate in events hosted by CGCC regional chapters. Additional fees may apply according to different chapters’ admission policies.