Internship Opportunity at Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises: Chinese Marketing Coordinator
Chinese Marketing Coordinator
New York Cruise Lines is the parent company of the iconic Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises, and other industry leading travel, hospitality and restaurant businesses. Circle Line, a fixture in global tourism, has hosted more than 60 million passengers since 1945 and is recognized as “America’s Favorite Boat Ride”, world- famous for sightseeing and special events including concerts and entertainment. New York Cruise Lines also owns and operates award-winning floating restaurants including North River Lobster Company, an award winning casual floating lobster shack, as well as the brand new Fish Bar at North River Landing, a waterfront seafood restaurant with an expansive outdoor top deck and lively bar scene. New York Cruise Lines also operates World Yacht, a luxury special events and private charter business, as well as The BEAST Speedboat summer time thrill ride. The company is located in Hudson River Park on 42nd Street and the Hudson River, convenient to Times Square, the High Line and Hudson Yards.
- Circle Line: Winner of Concierge Choice Award (CCA) for “Best Sightseeing Tours” in NYC (2015)
- North River Lobster Company: Winner of North American Journeys’ “Coolest New Product of 2015”
North River Lobster Company (www.northriverlobsterco.com) Fish Bar at North River Landing (www.fishbar.nyc) North River Landing (www.northriverlanding.nyc) Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises (www.circleline42.com) World Yacht Dining Cruises (www.worldyacht.com) New York Cruise Lines has an immediate opportunity for a flexible, self-starting, hard-working and organized individual to work closely with the Directors of Marketing and Sales and the CEO. We provide real world challenges in our internship programs. This internship will provide a challenging opportunity and exposure to sales and marketing functions and business applications. The assignments are meaningful to the department and the intern will gain the communication and etiquette skills required in today’s business environment while sharing knowledge gained from recent courses.
- Manage Chinese social media (including Weibo, WeChat, etc.) on daily bases, come up with original content and interact with followers.
- Develop and manage partnerships with Chinese Tour Industry Partners (Tour Operator, Travel Agency, etc.) both in the U.S. and in China, keep an ongoing list of all partners from conferences, shows, and research.
- Manage and form good relationship with existing accounts, offer daily sales support, send out alerts for special events, assist with booking and contracting.
- Assist with translating sales and marketing documents, website content, etc.
- Assist with planning and organizing special events for the local and Chinese tourist market.
- Promote special events via partners’ channels, connect to them on social media for possible cross promotion opportunities.
- Facilitate relationships with local and international Chinese community, businesses and governmental organizations, etc. Actively participate in their events, explore opportunities to collaborate with them on special events.
- Set up meetings with business partners and clients and help translating if necessary
- Assist with daily sales tasks, including answering phones and emails, booking, and reaching out to potential customers.
- Assist Accounting with voucher and invoices when necessary, offer language help to agencies and customers, etc.
- Assist with reporting of sales and marketing metrics.
- Assist with market research, look for potential PR and marketing opportunities on both local and international Chinese media outlets.
- Assist with strategy development and implementation regarding expanding the Chinese market.
- Provide administrative support to the marketing and sales teams.
- Fluent in both Mandarin and English
- Have good knowledge and understanding of the Chinese market
- In Junior or Senior year of school pursuing Marketing or Business related majors with a minimum GPA of 3.5
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suites
- Previous experience in marketing and sales is a plus
- Excellent oral and writing skills both in Chinese and in English
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to multi-task and good communication skills
- Self-starter, detail-oriented and flexible with schedule to work 10-20 hours a week
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume as a WORD document to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 212-630-8827.